May our Children and Youth of today lead us to a better tomorrow!
Empowering generations of culturally strong and thriving,
Aboriginal children, families and local communities.
Yerrabi is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation
which means it is owned and operated by Aboriginal people.
“We cannot restore our Community to a position of equality
without addressing the need for healing…“
Our Booris Our Way, Final Report. December 2019, p13
Yerrabi Yurwang strives to deliver quality culturally appropriate services to empower generations of strong and thriving Aboriginal Children and Families. This is an enduring statement of Yerrabi’s reason for existance.
Our Vision will be achieved through the following Guiding Principles:
- Aboriginal strength-based trauma-informed healing approaches
- The need for cultural understanding
- The impact of racism and stigma
- Honouring the centrality of our family kinship structures
- The impact of our true shared history and its consequential impacts of trauma, loss, grief, and anger
- Recognition of human rights and social justice
- Equitable needs-based funding models
- Universal access to basic care, health, housing, and education